Varun K Chopra
- PHONE: +91 98 1185 1711
- E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Columba’s School, New Delhi
- B.A.LL.B (Hons), National Law Institute University, Bhopal, M.P
- Member of Bar Council of Delhi
- Member of Supreme Court Bar Association
- Member of Delhi High Court Bar Association
- Member of Competition Appellate Tribunal Bar Association
- Member of International Bar Association
- Member of International Council of Jurists
- Visiting faculty Bharti Vidyapeeth University
- Visiting faculty Swami Vivekanand Subharti University
- Visiting faculty FOSTIIMA Business School
Mr. Varun K Chopra is having more than 11 years of experience having worked with Khaitan & Co LLP at Delhi for four years and subsequently assisted Mr Vivek Tankha, Senior Advocate (former Additional Solicitor General of India), having primary areas of practice as arbitration and conciliation matters and competition laws. With Mr. Vivek Tankha, Senior Advocate he was involved in direct & in-direct tax, competition assessment framework and compliance audit, opinions on agreements for assessment and adaptation of pro and anti-competitive issues in deals and risk analysis for transactions and regulatory overlap issues. He has also been working on array of pertinent matters specifically pertaining to direct and in-direct taxes in the Supreme Court of India and the High Courts.
He is primarily involved in advisory on issues related to corporate, taxation and competition laws, assessment/ adaptation of tax structures, pro and anti-competitive issues in deals, licensing arrangements relating to technology transfer/ IPR-competition and risk analysis for transactions and regulatory overlap issues in India and overseas. He is also in involved in litigation at various quasi judicial and judicial forums including the Supreme Court of India in sundry matters of Indian law.
Further, he is also involved in issues pertaining to regulatory frame work at various forums and advised several industrial houses and multinational corporations on competition law, indirect taxation laws, and other corporate commercial and business laws.
Mr. Varun K Chopra have also had the opportunity to be a visiting faculty to esteemed Universities and member at various associations overseas and India.